The GHS is part of the current OSHA mandated Hazard Communications Standard. Use this training to prepare your employees to understand the Global Harmonizing System and how it affects your hazard communication program. It is critical for employees to know how to understand the hazards they are exposed to in order to prevent accidents and injuries. Employers are required to train all employees by Dec. 1, 2013.
GHS Basic Principles and Training:
• What is the Globally Harmonized System?
• What are the major changes to the Hazard Communication Standard?
• Why did OSHA decide to modify the Hazard Communication Standard to adopt the GHS?
• What Hazard Communication Standard provisions are unchanged in the revised HCS?
• How will chemical hazard evaluation change under the revised HCS?
• What is the phase-in period in the revised Hazard Communication Standard?
• Why must training be conducted prior to the compliance effective date
• Understanding Hazardous Chemical Labels: Signal Words, Pictograms, Safety Data Sheets and Statements.